We’ve been cooking here at Nimbit. Seriously, the last 6 months have proven to be the most feverish development period in the company’s history. We realized last week that we haven’t been very good at communicating all the great stuff that has been added to the platform. We’re doing this so artists like you can have a great experience with Nimbit and maximize your promotion and sales ability…so what good is all this work if we don’t tell you about it?
In the last 3 months alone there have been over 50 new features, enhancements, and stability improvements to the Nimbit direct-to-fan platform, we’ll outline them in the blog post below, but before we do that we wanted to make sure you haven’t missed two major updates:
New Roundtrip Promo Tool
You can now promote any product on Facebook, Twitter, Email, Printed Promo Codes, and embeddable widgets. The promotion can include embedded video, an audio player, a personal message from you, and a link to a free, discounted, or full price product. You can also enable a second, follow up promotion that will go to anyone who takes advantage of the first promotion. So, you can give away a free track, then follow up with an offer to buy the full album, or reward fans with a free download after they buy your album, etc. Learn more about the Roundtrip Promo Tool here.
PreSonus Acquires Nimbit, Integrates with Studio One
Nimbit is now part of the PreSonus family. We have a shared vision of helping musicians, and the first integration of our products is now available. Users of the PreSonus Studio One digital audio workstation can now get music to their fans immediately after completing a project via direct upload to Nimbit. PreSonus has a couple videos posted here that show the Nimbit integration with Studio One.
Products & Product Set Up
- You can now add different products by different artists in your store. Perfect for collaborations, producers, and record labels
- There are now multiple physical product types in Plus & Premium accounts, including Vinyl, Signed Vinyl and Signed CD, you previously had to indicate this in the product name.
- Multiple product types can be associated with one album. (mp3, CD, Signed CD, Vinyl & Signed Vinyl) – no need to set up a new product for each format
- A PDF booklet or insert may be added to any digital album.
- All new mp3s will be encoded at 320kbs.
- Support for higher resolution wave files: 24bit, 32bit, 32bit float.
- Added additional metadata for each track and a “copy to all” feature to ease setup.
- New simplified, faster, track upload module deployed for added reliability.
- Statement and sales reports now include product types. (CD, Signed CD, Vinyl…)
- It’s now possible to easily re-order as well as delete tracks in the product setup.
- A new status of “INCOMPLETE” replaces “In Setup” to remand you to finish setting up your product.
- When uploading tracks, a warning will stop you from leaving the page before uploads are completed.
- Upload process status has been added to the upload buttons.
- Increased error handling and messaging when uploading tracks.
- We now support retina displays and require 1440 x 1440 album art images.
- Digital albums default to sale price of $9.99 and suggest to users to lower price when their tracks add up to less.
- Buttons have been updated to reflect that a product is going in or out of your store.
Stores & Receipts
- We’ve introduced a new optimized mobile storefront and checkout that detects and automatically resizes for iPhones and iPads. (Soon Android as well)
- You can now choose to show or hide the Contribution Feature (Tip Jar) in the Shopping Cart
- Shopping cart icon moved down in the store layout so that Category tabs can go completely across the top of the storefront.
- Any cart that adds up to zero (free or promo) requires only an email address
- Fans no longer need to enter an zip code for free downloads, location is now captured from the fan’s IP address.
- New cleaner looking, HTML fan receipts
- Additional explanation of pre-paid, pre-sale, and donations was added to receipts to avoid customer confusion.
- Fans can now renew their download links once from their receipts.
- Nimbit Plus & Premium plans have new Promotion Reports for each promotion.
- Promotions can now be tracked by each channel (ie: Facebook, Email, Twitter, etc…)
- Promotions now include an option to offer a discount on a product as well as offer something for Free.
- Enhanced “progressive picker” added to the promotional tool making it easier to find the product you want to promote.
- Follow up offers now include discounts as well as a “no discount” link.
- Enhancements were made to follow up overlays to clarify the different offers.
- Sharing an event from MyStore on Facebook allows you to choose a thumbnail.
- Location autocomplete on free checkouts – IP address tracking has been added to the cart so that all “Free” transactions automatically guess and collect the fan’s location in addition to the email address that they enter.
- Fan lists now update every 5 minutes (previously every hour)
- Fans can now be searched for and sorted by Promotions in the Fan List.
- Fan list export now includes separate first and last name.
Stability, Security, & Cleanup
- Enhancements were made to make the interface more intuitive.
- Improvements to the speed and stability of creating, storing, packaging and delivering downloads to fans.
- A new system was put in place to enforce download limits and manage reactivated links.
- A new warning system was implemented to monitor all vital systems aimed to minimize system down time.
- The checkout cart code was rebuilt and simplified for better compatibility.
- New ZenDesk Knowledge Base, Ticket System & Live Chat now under [HELP]
- Users can now update their own passwords from both inside and outside the dashboard.
- Contribute feature re-worked for the Mobile platform.
- All pages now have FAQ links to the knowledge base and a Help/Chat button.
- Work was done to improve the error handling to warn about incompatible uploaded tracks.
- The account section has been reworked to make it easier to crossgrade, upgrade, downgrade as well as cancel an account.
- Refer a Friend has been improved.
- New HTML system alert emails.
- Added ability to edit artist main contact email.
- Fanbridge and Jango stores were updating with new “fixed height” layouts.
- Bugs with dittomusic integration and related discounts have been fixed.
- Unsubscribe bug has been fixed system wide.
- The wordpress plugin player has been fixed and now plays all samples of items in your store and in promotions.
- Bugs have been fixed with tickets and calendars that were causing display issues and event expirations.
- A bug was fixed that caused some stores to display without any categories
WHEW…That’s alot isn’t it ? Why don’t you log-in to your Nimbit dashboard to give these new features a try.