Dear subscribers to NimbitPro, NimbitIndie, Nimbit Retail, Nimbit Retail Plus, and Nimbit Legacy
You’ve been with us a long time and we want to thank you for your business. We’re writing today with some big news. Please check out all of the exciting new things that are coming and make sure to read the section entitled “Actions you must take to keep selling” and take the necessary actions described if this applies to you.
The Wait Is Over – Your New Nimbit Plan is Ready
We have been working on a next generation Nimbit platform for some time now and we have finally developed it to the point where it’s ready for you, our best customers.
We’re Upgrading Your Account
Over the next 30 days, we’ll be moving all legacy account holders over to the new platform on a one-by-one basis. So sometime in the near future you’re going to log in and see a brand new Nimbit dashboard.
[Before - OLD Nimbit dash image]
[After – New Nimbit dash image]
Get Ready to Earn More Money
The new Nimbit plans have been available to the public for a few months now and here is some amazing news: customers on the new plans are earning 266% more on average than customers using the Nimbit plan you’re currently subscribed to!
Some More Benefits to the New Nimbit Platform
- Much easier to use and understand with a cleaner layout, better explanations, and less steps.
- Completely rebuilt, embeddable and customizable storefront that sizes itself from small to large footprints.
- Simplified product set up with new features:
- Create bundles that combine digital or physical music, merch, and tickets
- Offer multiple formats of the same product (MP3, CD, Vinyl, Signed, etc.), without the need to set up separate products
- Easily set up merchandise with product variants (size, color, price, etc)
- See physical inventory levels in real-time
- Set custom sample preview lengths on the fly without uploading new MP3 files
- Add PDF liner note booklets to albums
- Embed lyrics for songs that display on your store
- Artist names can change for individual products (perfect for collaborations)
- Sell with flexible pricing options: Free, Fixed, or Pay What You Want
- New Roundtrip Promo Tool to promote and sell products on Facebook, Twitter, email and your website (via embeddable widgets) with discounts and automated fan follow up
- 1 year of free 3rd party distribution (including Spotify) via our new partner Ditto Music (see below)
Actions You Must Take To Keep Selling
Please note there are a few outdated features in your old plan that are being phased out. NimbitSkin and NimbitOMT stores will no longer be available. You may not be aware, but these storefronts are flash-based and anyone who currently visits your stores using an iPhone, iPad, or Android device cannot purchase from you.
We have new, fully customizable, embeddable stores already available in your account that are compliant with the latest web standards and automatically reconfigure for iOS mobile devices.
If your stores look like the following, you must update your embed code to use the new Nimbit Store:
[Old NimbitSkin Store]
[Old NimbitOMT Store]
To get the embed code for your new store, simply click “Store” in the Nimbit dashboard, scroll down to “Stores”, and click Installation Instructions next to “Web Store.” Then simply copy and paste that code anywhere you want your new Nimbit store to be embedded on your website or blog.
Plan & Pricing Changes
90% of the people who are affected by this change will be paying less money for their Nimbit account. Since you’ve signed up, our costs have increased significantly, and unfortunately a few customers may experience a slight increase in monthly subscription charges. If this does apply to you, we believe that you’ll find the benefits provided by greatly enhanced functionality to be worth the minor cost increase.
- Customers currently subscribed to NimbitPro or Nimbit Retail Plus will be upgraded to the Nimbit Premium which is priced at $19.95/month.
- Nimbit Retail and NimbitIndie customers will be upgraded to the NimbitPlus plan which is priced at $9.95/month
- Members who signed up through ASCAP will continue to receive a 10% discount on their subscription.
Please note: all subscriptions will be monthly and your account will be credited for any remainder of yearly renewal fees.
Significant Changes to Third Party Distribution
Nimbit has partnered with DittoMusic to provide 3rd party distribution to our customers. DittoMusic offers our users international distribution through just about every online store worldwide! Over the next few months we will be enhancing this partnership by adding a Ditto Sales report in your Nimbit dashboard as well as making it possible to import your albums into DittoMusic without having to setup your music twice! Any new titles or changes to existing titles must be setup in a linked Ditto account. For existing titles distributed through Nimbit, you can move them now or wait until we arrange to move them for you to Ditto. For now, the basic integration connects the accounts and sets up a special discount for Nimbit users.
- Nimbit Plus users get free setup and a free year of submission to iTunes and Spotify.
- Nimbit Premium users get free setup and a free year of submission to iTunes, Spotify, eMusic, AmazonMP3 and Rhapsody.
POS (Point of Sale) and Show Sales
After Dec. 31st we will no longer process show sales from credit card slips processed manually at venues. There have been significant improvements to PayPal that make easy for you to process credit cards at your shows in just one transaction. We highly recommend that you switch to “PayPal Here” https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/sell-in-person to quickly swipe cards through your phone for just a low 2.7% commission.
Web Tools and Content Tools
If you are currently using Nimbit’s Legacy content tools to update general content and news on your website, please contact us directly to discuss how the changes in the platform will effect you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or concerns about the changes that are coming to your Nimbit account, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for being a Nimbit subscriber
We’ve been hard at work on the new Nimbit direct to fan platform and we are excited to soon have you benefiting from our latest and greatest sales and promotional tools. Thank you again for your support and understanding.
To your success,
Phil Antoniades & Patrick Faucher